2016 Post 1
Many people make resolutions but not many people keep them. I am one of those people that will keep them. Thats the only way to become a better person. I am not trying to be a someone else. I want to be a better version of myself. Which means all the things that I am good at I want to be better. All the things that I feel are my short comings I wish to make those stronger.
- Live in Barcelona, España in 2017. This has been a goal of mine for a long time. It will take a lot of planning and action for this to become a reality. There’s really nothing thats going to stop me. It will take money, visa approval, school acceptance, a grasp of the spanish language, which I am at a basic level now.
- Finish the Camino de Santiago. I left the Camino in Santander, Spain. I will continue this summer from Santander to Santiago de Compostela. My goal is to finish during my 30 days work holiday. My maximum amount of time is 25 days. 5 days for travel. It will take money, logistics, more Spanish language practice, training, and a guide book. Summer 2016.
- Blog every week. I want to be a better writer. I want to be a travel writer/ journalist. So I have to practice and experience life. Starting now. 52 posts.
- Visit New York. This goal is fairly easy. It’s about $1,300 trip that number can probably go lower. It’s figuring out what to do.
- Ragnar Relay. SoCal and Norcal. I need a team, training schedule, logistics. Easy. I’ve done this before but being the captain takes a lot of extra work that most people don’t want to do. It’s the most fun I have ever had when I was running a race.
- Work on portfolio. I decided I’m going back to art school to finish my degree. I’ve done it before I can do it again.
- Jiu Jitsu. I just made purple belt and I have to keep going. There may be a time I may need to defend myself and my family I will need to keep training just in case.
- Keel Boat certification. ASA 106. Money, time, scheduling. I love sailing and want to learn more.
- Scuba Diver Certifications. I want to learn more about diving.
- Last but not least. Courage. I need to put myself out there. There’s feeling that you get when you’re so nervous you feel it in your stomach. It may be asking a girl out, doing something adventurous or just being out of your comfort zone. I haven’t had that feeling in a while.